Large East West Tote
The perfect (over)size for a trip to grocery store or a weekend away, and it’s washable.
Indigo Moon canvas is printed and dyed by a family of textile artists in Western India. The “moons” are block printed by hand with resist paste onto undyed canvas, which is then submerged into the indigo dye vat up to twenty times to achieve a dark blue. The process yields a perfectly imprecise print, evidence of its handmade nature.
*Please note that all natural indigo sheds dye until it fades or is washed a few times. Because of this, we recommend that you not wear light colors when carrying this bag.*
• Converts from handheld to shoulder with detachable leather handles
• Once the handles are removed, the tote is washable
• All seams are double stitched and bound with cotton on the inside
• One interior pocket
• Leather handles will patina over time with exposure to the sun and the oils in your skin
• Hand wash separately in cold water. Hang dry in the shade. Please see our Indigo Care + Wear Guide for more details. Even with care, natural indigo will fade over time. This is an inherent part of its character and should be embraced (last photo demonstrates a faded tote).
18oz. Cotton Canvas
Undyed Leather Handles
Hand-set Copper Rivets and Handle Buttons
17”H x 22”W x 6”D
Leather Handle Drop: 4"
Webbing Handle Drop: 11"